The applicant must be a Muslim woman who plans to attend an institution of higher education in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. The Muslim Women’s Association of Washington, D.C. likes its scholarship recipients to be involved in our activities. In order to do so she should be attending school in the local area.
Scholarships may be given for any level of academic education, from community college through post-graduate work.
Scholarships range in amount from approximately $2000 - $5000.
Please submit the following:
- Scholarship application form. The application form is available to be downloaded from the Muslim Women’s Association of Washington, DC website.
- A transcript of the applicant’s grades for the past two academic years from either her high school or her college.
- A letter of acceptance to the college or university that the applicant will be attending.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty members or guidance councilors of the applicant’s present or most recently attended school.
- A listing of all other sources of financial aid the applicant is applying for or receiving.
- An essay of approximately 500 words in length on the subject of “What can I, as a Muslim woman, contribute to American society and how will my higher education enable me to achieve this goal?”
- Any other supporting information that the applicant thinks would allow us to know her better.
An applicant who successfully passes through the initial portions of the application process will be invited for a personal interview with members of the Board of Directors.
Note: Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the college or university and not to the applicant. Click here to download our scholarship application form.